Our Purpose & Values
Antarctica and the Southern Ocean: Valued, Protected, Understood.
Inspiring people to connect with Antarctica, through knowledge and collaboration.
People are the key to Antarctica New Zealand’s success. This includes permanent staff; fixed term and contract staff; seconded staff from the New Zealand Defence Force and our many strategic partners in Government, the science community and other national Antarctic programmes. We seek to create a high performance organisation underpinned by a culture of shared beliefs, in particular:
- We are passionate about what we do
- We care for each other and the environment
- We work together
- We act with integrity
- We aspire to the highest standards
Our Culture of Shared Beliefs
- Safety: We have an uncompromising commitment to each other’s safety.
- Sustainability: We will incorporate principles of social, environmental and financial sustainability into all that we do.
- Learning: Feedback is actively encouraged and we will learn from previous experiences to continuously improve our performance.
- Quality: We strive to deliver ever-improving value to our stakeholders.
Health, Safety & Environment
Antarctica New Zealand has an uncompromising commitment to the health, safety, the environment and wellbeing of our staff, contractors and visitors. Further information on this commitment is available in our Health and Safety Policy and our Environmental Policy.