Erebus glacier sheds huge slab of ice
Biocomplexity survey in Antarctica
A team of Waikato University scientists and students has completed a successful research trip to Antarctica. Led by Professor Craig Cary, a team of 16 spent several weeks collecting samples in the Dry Valleys as part of the New Zealand Terrestrial Antarctic Biocomplexity Survey. More.
An Ice Relay for Cancer - update
At 7am this morning, 35 staff and supporters at Antarctica New Zealand's Scott Base completed 139 laps of the Relay for Life course, covering a total distance of 229km and a vertical climb of 12,510m (roughly equivalent to over three times the height of Erebus). More.
An Ice Relay for Cancer
Staff and supporters at Antarctica New Zealand’s Scott Base will pound a track near the world’s biggest ice shelf for 12 hours this weekend in a chilly cancer awareness event - the first Cancer Society New Zealand Relay For Life to be held on the ice. More.
Kenn Borek Twin Otter - update
Kenn Borek Twin Otter
Prime Minister to visit Antarctica
Prime Minister John Key will visit Antarctica from 17 to 21 January to highlight New Zealand’s interests and activities in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean. Mr Key will visit New Zealand science and environmental management programmes, view New Zealand’s historic hut conservation projects, and participate in a ceremony celebrating the installation of Maori artwork at Scott Base. More.
Kiwis to toast Sir Ed's Antarctic adventure
History made 55 years ago today
Bedrock Breakthrough in Antarctica
international project has been headed up by GNS Science, Victoria University and Antarctica New Zealand. More.
- 380m midway point reached by RICE (Roosevelt Island Climate Evolution) project
- Antarctic Blue Whale photo-identification
- Hon Murray McCully Announces Appointments to Board of Antarctica New Zealand
- 2012 Ross Dependency Definitives stamp issue
- Hundreds attend Scott exhibition opening
- Antarctic Pioneer Richard Barwick will be missed
- Southern Lakes Helicopters arrives on the ice for their first season with Antarctica New Zealand
- Hon Murray McCully believes there is a good chance the proposed marine protected area (MPA) in the Ross Sea region will be accepted in the long run
- Sir Peter Blake Trust announces 2012 Antarctic Youth Ambassadors
- ANTARCTICA NEW ZEALAND CONFIRMS THIRD AND FINAL EREBUS REMEMBRANCE TRIP